Tuesday, November 11, 2014

First annual inspection passed

Corolla eFX has been in service for a full year now and it was time for the annual inspection. I knew the car was in good shape so I was not worried to have it inspected.

Time flew quickly as we discussed about electric driving with the inspector while the car was being checked. Everything safety related was ok so Corolla passed the inspection. A bleeding drive shaft rubber boot shown in the picture below was found though, it will be replaced soon.

It was the most pleasant inspection visit that I can remember, thank you Lempäälän Autokatsastus!


The car is now working very well and I'm using it every day. Daily driving is now a lot easier as the range of about 75km gives more freedom and I don't have to charge it everywhere I go:) I do not have much plans for upgrading it now, although I have to admit that I have though of different ways of increasing its power..

But in the meantime I will concentrate more on my open source motor controller: motocone.blogspot.com. Also during winter I am going to get more experiences by electrifying a small Stiga Garden lawn tractor using Motocone motor controllers and a couple of automotive alternators as its motors. This low cost project will be shared in: the-electric-machine.blogspot.com

No comments: